Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rylee survived her first Rescue Racing race!

Over memorial day weekend we packed up the toyhauler and headed to Yerrington,NV to watch Chris race. First let me say that babies have so much stuff. We packed the stroller, swing, bouncer, pack n play and a bunch of toys. What use to take me 20 minutes to pack took me 3 hours!!! But we finished packing and hit the road. Rylee did great on the 5 hour drive. She is a champ in the car. She spends time talking to her "friends" that hang from her car seat- Frank the frog and Dannie the duck and then she sleeps.
Then we arrived at the race. Let me just get it out there that we were camping- no plugs ins, limited water and load cars. While we were unpacking the wind started up and it got crazy. It was blowing everything including the trailer and then out of no where rain!! Yes, rain. o be honest I looked at Chris and said find me a rent a car place because I am out of here. But then I took a deep breath, hoped into the RV and decided that this was going to be a crazy adventure.
Rylee did amazingly well. She slept great even though her schedule was off, she enjoyed all of the people and action and has become a fan of desert racing!! She did not mind the dirt, noise or late nights. She loved having her cousin Natalie spend the night.
Chris did amazingly well too. he finished the race and placed 4th. It was very exciting because everyone had a great race. After 2 years of wrenching and trail and error Rescue Racing is now a contender.
I think the hardest part of the weekend was the clean up. There was dirt everywhere. So we spent most of Monday evening cleaning everything. I think we had 12 loads of laundry (I am still working on it)!!
But here are a few pics of the weekend..

Daddy explaining to Rylee where we were headed and how much fun it would be!


Natalie and Rylee hanging out


Rylee and daddy attending the team meeting


Rylee wishing daddy good luck. "we love you daddy"


Princess napping while mommy and daddy clean -lucky girl!!

No comments: