Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day 2009

We had an amazing Father's Day!!! The day started with an early wake up call by Rylee (I think she wanted to be the first one to wish Chris happy daddy's day), we then had a yummy breakfast of fresh blueberry pancakes and then Chris and Rylee watched the Formula 1 race together before we headed out for a day by the pool.
Rylee surprised Chris with a very sweet and memorable gift. I had her picture taken with Chris' racing helmet- it is priceless. We then did molds of her handprint and footprint. Chris loved them and are already hanging in his office. He also got a Wii. I figured that since we now spend so many nights at home what a great way to do it. We can have bowling night, tennis mario cart. So if anyone is interested in joining us come on over!
THe afternoon by the pool was fabulous- the weather was warm, the pool felt great and Rylee went swimming for the first time. She really enjoyed floating in her lily pad and was trying to lick the water the whole time. We are so glad she is a water baby!! She even managed to take a nap during the day while all of the kids were playing. Speaking of the kids, it was big W's 4th birthday on Father's day and he went down the waterslide for the first time and LOVED it. As the day came to an end we enjoyed some great burgers, homemade ice cream and cake and of course presents! I think it was a very successful first father's day!
And to my sweet baby daddy- babe, I love you very much. You are an AMAZING daddy. I love seeing you and Rylee hanging out and talking. When she gives you that huge smile it just melts my heart! Thank you for being such a huge support during this transition to parenthood. There is no one else I would want to share it with. Rylee and I are the two luckiest girls in the world. We love you XOXO!!

Here are some pics:

Chris and Rylee enjoying opening presents


Breakfast


I "heart" daddy


First dip in the pool


Birthday boy


Grandma M


too much fun in the sun


loving the slide


4 years old=time to slide


Perfect first daddy's day

No comments: