Friday, May 9, 2008

Sorry we have been MIA...

A big sorry goes out to our loyal blog readers for the long delay in between posts. It has been a super busy week and I just haven't had the time to sit down in front of the computer for awhile. So here last week in a short version..

- Chris quit his job and is on vacation for the next 2 weeks. This is something he and I are both so excited about. It was time for Chris to move on to more challenging things and he found it at his new law firm. Plus, the huge bonus is that his new job is only 15 minutes away from our house and it's right by the Galleria!! I am stoked because I will be able to sneak over for lunches again. So although he may be working 12 hour days at least I can visit!!

-Since Chris started his vacation last weekend we decided to take a little trip to Sand Mountain in Nevada for some quad riding. I cant say I would recommend sand mountain as a dream spot but it is great for anyone that quads! The boys had a great time and I actually decided that I liked the quad- who knows maybe we found another activity we both like to do.

-On the home front it has been a hectic week. They are still putting up all of the trusses. We had one major problem where a truss ended at a window. Not only does it look really bad but we couldn't leave it alone because it would eventually lead to a leaky window. But our super creative and talented framers came up with a solution that did not require moving or shrinking the window! -Yeah for Jenson Construction!!

- We also broke ground on our pool. They finished the digging yesterday and hopefully MOnday our permit will be issued and they can start the plumbing. The pool looks great and it is really going to be a great spot in these hot Sacramento summers. Before chris left for vegas this morning we attempted to pick out the tile for the water line and OMG are the tile choices hideous!! We both just stood looking at the choices laughing saying "do you prefer ugly or uglier!!" So we will see what we will end up with. I am think all natural with our light Tahoe blue finish.





-As for this weekend- I am a bachelorette- Chris is off in Vegas celebrating Gared's bachelor party. So I am going to go over to our friends house tonight and watch chick flicks, then spend Sat with mom and then Sunday with the family celebrating mom!!! But I promise to work on my blogging and keep everyone updated

One last thing to all the mom's who read this- Happy Mother's day!! You all deserve a day celebrating everything you do for your families.

No comments: