Wednesday, March 19, 2008

we have a foundation!!


This is a little overdue but on Monday at 7am they began pouring our foundation. Of course Chris and I were there to watch the whole process. It was crazy because as we were driving up the hill to get to the lot you could see the cement pumper. It was a pretty cool site because the sun was just rising when they began pouring the slab. It took 9 trucks to do the entire slab!! They did a great job and it looks perfect.



Last night Chris and I went up there because we could finally walk our home. It feels gigantic!! It is pretty exciting because now we can really see where the rooms will be and where all of our doors are. I forgot my camera so tonight when we ride our bikes up there (I am still waiting for people to want to join us!!) I will take pictures of the finished project.

This week they are finishing up our retaining wall- we didn't want to risk them using the big crane once the house was built. They are also finishing the CMU wall so we can start to see the different levels of our backyard.

Hopefully next week they will start the framing!!!

No comments: